Want to share this infographic on your website or blog?
Learn the common causes of Offshore Accidents from the Louisiana Offshore Accident Attorneys at the Law Offices of Matt & Allen.
- 20 percent of offshore accidents are caused by mechanical or structural failures.
- 80 percent of offshore accidents are caused by human error.
Get The Facts
- Nearly three out of every 100 oil and gas extraction workers suffered a fatal injury on the job between 2003 and 2010*.
- The U.S. oil and gas industry has a collective fatality rate seven times higher than all U.S. industries between 2003 and 2010*.
- 51 percent of U.S. oil and gas extraction industry accidents involve some sort of transportation.
- Between 2003 and 2010, 128 fatalities occurred during offshore oil and gas operations, an average of 16 per year.
*According to the CDC.
Factors Leading to Human Error
- Lack of education about a particular task.
- Lack of attention, carelessness.
- Physical error.
If you have been injured in an offshore accident, contact the experienced Louisiana offshore injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Matt & Allen today.